Idaho’s 82,413 square miles varies geographically from high dessert in the south to beautiful forests and rugged mountains in the north. There’s something for everyone, and we’re pleased to have the opportunity to share these facts and figures about living and working in our beautiful state.
Population: 1,567,582 (2010) 4th Fastest Growing State in the Country-US Census Bureau
Coeur d’Alene MSA-142,681
Idaho Falls MSA-127,777
Civilian Labor Force: 789,029 (2010) Workforce Trends-Labor Market Information (pdf)
Coeur d’Alene MSA-73,838
Idaho Falls MSA-63,874
Gross Domestic Product (millions of US Dollars):
All Industries-$53, 488
Transportation & Warehousing-$1,550
Finance and Insurance-$2,934
Professional & Technical Services-$3,866
Management of Companies & Enterprises-$730
Heal Care & Social Assistance-$4,169
Arts, Entertainment & Recreation-$413
Accommodation and Food Services-$1,366
$5.15 Billion in foreign exports by Idaho companies in 2010 (32.82% increase).
156 different countries bought Idaho made products.
Fun Trade Facts:
• Idaho exported $17.9 million worth of edible vegetables to Spain
• Idaho sold over $13 million of silver to the UK
• Japan bought $63 million worth of paper and paperboard from Idaho
• Turkey imported $200,000 worth or arms and ammunition from Idaho
• Over $8.7 million of oil seeds and oleaginous fruits were exported to the Netherlands
• Chilie bought more than $5 million worth of dairy products from Idaho
• Idaho exported $2.5 million worth of leather products to Colombia
• Uganda bought $403,000 of civilian aircrafts parts and equipment from Idaho
31 Airports including 7 with Primary Service
5 Interstate Highways, 9 US Highways
1 Seaport-Port of Lewiston (most inland Port on the West Coast).